HERITAGE WEEK SPECIAL: Sunday 15th September 2019, 13.30 - 15.15. Discovering Birmingham...from 'toy'-making to world domination
Discovering Birmingham.....from 'toy'-making to world domination
Understand how Birmingham developed and see that many of today’s ways of working have deep roots in our past. In particular we explore:
- Earlier times – medieval origins
- From Georgian entrepreneurs and Victorian idealists to today's city
- We take the 'secret canal' to the Jewellery Quarter and understand how it developed and its role today.
- Canal city - origins and use today
- An artistic side
- Today's city learning from post-war mistakes and developing for the future.
This 1 3/4 hour walking tour gives a great introduction to the city and Jewellery Quarter and will be of interest equally to local people and visitors.
Earphones: Please bring your own earphones with 3.5 mm jack. Alternatively you can purchase a pair, (£1 economy) at the start of the tour which you keep at the end.
Tours start/finish: Library of Birmingham front entrance, Centenary Square, B1 2ND
An eTicket is sent to you after booking.
This is what Sunday afternoons were meant for!
We support Sifa Fireside who work on acute and longer term homeless issues in Birmingham with at least 10% of all sales going to their work.