10:30 - 12:30 SATURDAY 20th April 2024 Tour - Digbeth, Public Art & Peaky Film Tour
Digbeth, Public Art & Peaky Film Tour
Visit the ancient area where Birmingham began as a market hamlet. Experience atmospheric parts where the Peaky Blinders film may be produced. See public art and especially Digbeth's street art.
Start: The Bull statue, Bullring.
Finish: City Centre - outside Waterstones & Primark
- Conducted by Jonathan Berg, author and photographer. Jonathan’s book on the public art of Birmingham was published in November 2023. See here….
- Tour: A 2-hour tour through Digbeth and Deritend. Total route is around 4 km.
- Content included: Understand how Birmingham began. See public art of all descriptions. Understand the industrial heritage and get a feel for this bohemian part of Birmingham. The area is soon to be the film set for the Peaky Blinder feature film, and the home of the TV series Masterchef and the BBC.
- Additional: We use a live audio system so you can hear every word
- Tour end: City centre finish close to Primark!
An eTicket: Is sent to you sometime after your automated booking receipt, with joining instructions. You do not need to print it off. If you are booking close to the start time just come to the meeting point for the tour start time.
Live Audio: We pioneered the use of live audio, which enables social distancing-plus and you can hear the guide clearly wherever you are.
Earphones: Please try and bring your own (old style 3.5mm jack) or we provide a new pair which you keep at the end (donation to our charity apperciated at tour end).
Sifa Fireside: We donate part of our turnover and any donatons at tour end to Sifa Fireside, a Birmingham charity which works on issues of homelessness in our city.