Sunday 19th July 2020, 13.30 - 15.15. Discovering Birmingham
Discovering Birmingham; Understand today's city in its historical context
- Take the 'secret canal' to the Jewellery Quarter
- Understand Jewellery Quarter industries from artisan jewellers right up to giants of electroplating and pen nib manufacturing.
- See where the city is heading into the future
- Black lives matter - appreciate Birmingham's the extent of the town's role in and reliance on 17th and 18th century slave trade
- Inlcudes major city Squares.
This 2 hour walking tour gives a great introduction to the city and Jewellery Quarter and will be of interest equally to local people and visitors. A fantastic way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
Keeping Coronavirus safe: We work to the UK Government guidelines for tourism related industries. We use a live audio system which means we can spread apart on tour. We have decided to maintain a 2-metre guidline for social distancing unless you are part of the same family group. This tour is an outdoor activity and goes to less crowded parts of the city centre.
Earphones: Please bring your own earphones with 3.5 mm jack. Alternatively you can purchase a new pair, (£1) which you keep at the end.
Tours start/finish: Library of Birmingham entrance, Centenary Square, B1 2ND
An eTicket: Is sent to you after booking. This is sent manually and has full joining instructions. If you are booking close to the start time then just come to the meeting point for the tour start time.
Donations to our Charity: We support Sifa Fireside who work on acute and longer term homeless issues in Birmingham with at least 10% of all sales going to their work.