Sunday 26th January 2019, 13.30 - 15.15. Discovering Birmingham
Discovering Birmingham....from 'toy'making to world domination
Understand how Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter developed and see that many of today’s ways of working have deep roots in our past. In particular we explore:
- Earlier times – medieval origins
- We take the 'secret canal' to the Jewellery Quarter and understand how it developed and its role today.
- See how Birmingham went from new inventions to world manufacturing domination.
- Canal city - origins and use today
- Today's city learning from post-war mistakes and developing for the future.
This 1 3/4-2 hour walking tour gives a great introduction to the city and Jewellery Quarter and will be of interest equally to local people and visitors.
Earphones: Please bring your own earphones with 3.5 mm jack. Alternatively you can purchase a pair, (£1 economy) at the start of the tour which you keep at the end.
Tours start/finish: Library of Birmingham front entrance, Centenary Square, B1 2ND
An eTicket is sent to you after booking.
This is what Sunday afternoons were meant for!
We support Sifa Fireside who work on acute and longer term homeless issues in Birmingham with at least 10% of all sales going to their work.